tricky site studio setup

webtech

Perch
Still a bit unclear about this but is it possible to give clients a sun-domain of their own and allow them to use site studio on that domain????

eg if the domain name was www.domain.com and a couple of people wanted www.subdomain1.domain.com & www.subdomain2.domain.com (etc, etc) and then allow each one to build a site on that sub-domain with site studio.

I realise they would need an account each but I wouldn't be sure how to set this up.

Thanks again

:]

to clarify

say i have emagineservers.com

and i have client1.emagineservers.com

and

client2.emagineservers.com , they are both 3rd level domainsfrom the hosting domain

i thikn on any domain/sub doimain within any account can have site studio, can't be sure though.

id using a 3rd level domain from the provider (ie emagineservers.com)

so xxxx.emagineservers.com , for the account

OR if you want it on a domain within a account, just make sure the plan has site studio enabled when its been created.

then on the main page (quick access) there is site studio click that then you have a list of domain,sub domains that site studio can be turned on on.

click on, then you are able to use site studio.

i thiin thius can be done on any domain within the accounts

Thanks emagine...............just to fine tune.......so if I set up an account, eg mywebsite.com and allowed that site to have access to subdomains, could I then allocate fopr example sub1.mysite.com & sub2.mysite.com, etc to separate clients each of which could set up a site studio site which would be separate from the rest OR

would each sub domain user have to have a separate account???

Thanks............eventually I'll understand this... (in fact that should be my signature!!)
?(

if mywebsite.com is a service domain and you have allowed 3rd level domain hostng then

any one can create a Control pannel accout where its seperate ,

but if the domain is not a service domain say emaginehosts.com is added as a site

and you added support.emaginehosts.com

then that will be within the same control panel.

but mywebsite.com and the 3rd level domain, emaginehosts.com, support.emaginehosts all could have site studio.

it sounds like you want 3rd level domain hosting

where they have a seperate control panel.

Back