Two weeks to propagate?

I'm still having the same problems I've had for a month.

Now, I added a few domains a couple weeks ago (actually 18 days ago) and haven't touched them. I go to browse one of the domains and find the "under construction page." How can that be? I check another domain I had added, same page. Contact support, they tell me it's 'purley' a propagation issue. Two weeks to propagate, I think not.

Mail.domain.com works just fine, I can even log into the mail. The instant domain aliases show 'under construction' as well.

I have thrity domains waiting to be transferred from my other reseller. How on earth can I attempt to justify a week or two possible downtime for any of those clients?

It's not a propagation issue, it's not that I need to do a ipconfig/dnsflush.

Add Domain/Config DNS/Wait max 72 hours. I've been doing this for a couple of years with Web Host Manager, there really isn't much to it.

I am really getting frustrated with the fact that I can't spend the time to build my jodo reseller business because I'm waiting for the system to work correctly. And, as resellers, I think we need real answers to our problems. All the more reason to make this forum private.

I also asked via support to have the whole account shifted to win4 becuase I haven't had any problems there. They said it's already there but it's still listed on win2.

I don't have time for this. Please fix the problems. Or move all my accounts to a CF server that is working properly with new and existing domains.

The account in question here is named SoundCo and the ticket reference is #4384

NOTE: Every domain that I have had a problem with, submitted a ticket, and support has worked on, has performed flawlessly (with exception of mail) since support got it online.

Could you send me the domain in question via PM? If it is on win4 I will make sure that itis functioning properly.

Also, are you seeing the brownish colored under construction page, or a MSigh friendly error message style page? If it is the brownish style you probably just have a little default page conflict. Say maybe you uploaded a site that has a default.asp, but the index.htm that is there automatically is still there, so the index page loads first, because it is priority over default.asp, just a possibility.

It's just the standard IIS Under Construction page.

You can browse to my jodohost member name dot com to see an example. However, support said it was a propagation issue, so if you see something, you're the lucky winner.

Another one of my domains under the same user account doesn't resolve at all.

The sites I mentioned above were never touched. No uploads.

I'm not sure if it's on win2 or win4. Everything I know is on win4 is working just fine.

Hi

I appologize. When we shifted your account to Win2, the DNS zone file for both these domains got corrupted. We are working to resolve it

Oh my Yash,

That is bad. You guys should really check and double check the zone files when shifting things. This has happened to me about 3 times already. Im all fixed now. But it bothers me to see the same issues arrise with other resellers. :D

right
But I doubt we will be having to shift accounts between servers now due to the fact we have decided to put CF on every new server

Two of the three domains are now coming up for me. Strangely enough, the only domain that was working in this account (the one support had worked on originally to get online: ticket 4384) is the only one not resolving at all anymore.

I'm sure that will get sorted as well in time. But again, I ask, how long until we get a real stable reseller system we can count on. Paying the extra money a month to basically test jodohosts ability to offer such a program doesn't seem very fair. Of the three real clients I have moved to Jodohost, one of them is afraid to give their domain email account to customers because of the DNS fiasco and my inability to give them a solid explanation of the problem; another won't use the email on these servers at all.

Here's to everything calming down around here soon!!!

Brent

soundcompanies said:
Two of the three domains are now coming up for me. Strangely enough, the only domain that was working in this account (the one support had worked on originally to get online: ticket 4384) is the only one not resolving at all anymore.

I'm sure that will get sorted as well in time. But again, I ask, how long until we get a real stable reseller system we can count on. Paying the extra money a month to basically test jodohosts ability to offer such a program doesn't seem very fair. Of the three real clients I have moved to Jodohost, one of them is afraid to give their domain email account to customers because of the DNS fiasco and my inability to give them a solid explanation of the problem; another won't use the email on these servers at all.

Here's to everything calming down around here soon!!!

Brent

It will. I have faith in Jodo. They are a real smart bunch of dudes. Just got really popular all-a-sudden. :D

Brent, which domain is not working now? Please update your ticket. I believe we corrected this issue for you

Our reseller system is stable now. DNS issues are over. Transfering accounts between servers should be a thing of the past

Ticket #4384

It's the original domain I was having trouble with, it was fixed, and now is the only one that is no longer responding.

se**4*ll.com

the dns move has been aborted due to issues with transfering the DNS data over. It is getting corupt as you said

Read your email. We'll temporarily fix it now but switch back to the old name servers

Back