Unified Logon

T

tbdean

I'm considering signing up as a reseller. I've never done any reselling before.

I'm a programmer, and the majority of my customers will probably be my clients. They already have a username / password to get into client areas of my site, stored in MS SQL. Is it possible for their HSphere username / password to be the same so they only need to remember one username for my site, HSphere, email, etc?

I imagine I can just create the site for them, but there is a 'Change Password' button in HSphere.

You would have a couple of options. The first way would be to set it up so that your websites authenticate agains your control panel. Then your passwords would always be based on hSphere. The second option I which would be somewhat simple would be to have it that if they user changes his password in your custom app then it would change it on hSphere. Either way though its not pretty since we as resellers do not have direct access (with good reason) to the db. I know that hSphere does have an API however I do not know of anyone that has gotten it to work properly.
Just my 2 cents.
Jon

i have got the api to work quite well i run my secondary control panel of Hsphere userame and passwords

including password changes and email a changes.

i also have automatic crediting etc. working

Emagine said:
i have got the api to work quite well i run my secondary control panel of Hsphere userame and passwords

including password changes and email a changes.

i also have automatic crediting etc. working

Would you mind telling more about your secondary control panel? (Language you wrote it in, possible bits of code, etc).
Thanks
Jon

my secondary control panel is https://www.emaginecontrol.com

its written with asp and XML sending and using results from that determine account logins etc, and also abl ot change passwords etc. and also had admin control (admin authentification) over users details.

ive been able ot do most things apart from using the xml sign up envelope and am getting errors with that, but all others i've wanted to use ive been able to do so

Back