Update permission denied on mssql7

Shannara

Perch
Hellos,

Ive installed WebWiz 8.01 on mssql7. I installed it locally to make sure it worked, and it worked ok, allowed me to post and such. However, after installing on remote server (ms.shannaracorp.com/forums), it will not allow me to post, stating that I do not have update permissions on that database?

Is there a switch somewhere I need to setup in order to give the database login ability to update?

can you send me a PM with the db and username?
Did you have us restore the database? This is an issue sometimes on a restore DB, and takes a little work to fix.

Hi,

For this I suggest you to make sure that the user name you are using in your connection string have proper permissions on the database that is it can write on the database.

In Case you are using DSN try checking weather the DSN can perform a write operation on the database. As DSN can also Be written in such a manner that they can only perform a read operation on the database.

The same may be a case with connection string as connection can be created in read only mode

Is the Table locked for updation or The query is executed in a mode that it can not update the exisiting data?

Back