Uploading MySQL database

I've created a MySQL database on my test server. I want to upload this (including the data) to my production server (shared hosting) on JodoHost. How would I go about doing this?

I've seen a thread here that said to use PHPMyAdmin. I'm not too familiar with that and would prefer to use MySQL Administrator, Navicat, or SQL-Front if possible.

You can connect using any of the tools you listed. I use HeidiSQL, which is an updated version of MySQL-Front, to do this sort of thing all the time.

If you haven't already, you need to create the database using your HSphere control panel and assign or create a DB user account. When you do this, take note of your database server's name.

Then, using your DB admin tool, open a connection, and enter your database server name, your db admin name, and password.

Depending on the tool, you might be able to export from your local database to the remote one. Or, export an SQL file. Then, when connected to the server, import that SQL file.

Tim

Thanks skypanther. I wasn't sure if I had to create the database first or not. SQL-Front allows for exporting tables, so even if I can't restore over the database like in MS SQL Server, I can always do that.

I thought the guy who started SQL-Front, left, did Heidi, then went back to SQL-Front. Either way, I'll give it a try.

Back