Uptime

ldcdc

Guppy
Hello,

I'm interested in information regarding uptime (perhaps a link to a third party uptime monitoring service).

Also, I welcome and encourage feedback from all customers.

Thank you very much.

Hi Dan,

Uptime depends on server to server, we have over 20 servers up. We have uptime stats monitored internally by OpManager and Nagios, which doesnt publish reports :(

I don't have any independent reports, but:
Win8 > 99.91% Uptime
Web2 > 99.84% uptime

Win8 is the current win box opened for signups and web2 is the current linux box opened for signups.

Hello Yash,

Thank you for the fast reply. I see you know my nickname and my real name. :)

For what period(s) of time are those uptime stats?

This month, stats are month by month basis.

Let me also say that we used to use SiteUptime and Hyperspin but cancelled our subscriptions.

Reason being is that SiteUptime used to report timeouts on some of our servers every day while HyperSpin and our monitoring system didnt find the same. Sometimes hyperspin would report a timeout and SiteUptime and our systems would report OK.

I knew you were using Hyperspin at some point in time because I received (from Ravi I believe) some uptime reports, but that was during December I believe. :)

I see that your experience with third party monitoring service is similar to my own. Also I've seen quite a few hosts annoyed by the various third party uptime monitoring services available on the market.

EDIT: I'd love to hear some customers expressing their opinions regarding uptime at Jodohost. :)

Excellent uptime on all web and database servers. I don't recall a single downtime incident since I signed up with jodohost for a reseller acc

However, there have been 2 small mail server issues that made it impossible for you to access the mail server via POP3 and you had to use webmail for at most, an hour.

I believe that was due to some IP rDNS issue with Level3 (as Yash explained) and they are going to switch the mail server IP to a different IP

Im not a customer yet. I will be heopfully opening my reseller account with them very soon. Getting some other issues sorted out first. So I hang around here on forums first just to make sure everythings ok, and to keep up with things going on. And all I can say is that Ive never really seen any problems. But I must congratulate the Jodo team for their support. Best Ive seen!!! They are always on these forums, and as I understand, very good on the tickets too.

Sorry if Im not much help.

hatton, that first thread is 1.5 years old :)

As acer stated, Tanmaya (our Unix Operations Manager) is finalising plans to switch our mail server IP to our own IP so we can directly control rDNS instead of letting Level(3) do it.

We have over 2000 IP addresses currently assigned to our network. I believe around 33% of them are Level(3).

Thank you acer, hatton and cheezyal for chiming in. Other testimonials (positive and/or negative) are welcome.

cheezyal, I know you've been reading threads and asking questions here. I've been reading the Jodohost support forum for a while now. :)

Yash said:
hatton, that first thread is 1.5 years old :)
Like I said, I still stand by what I said then. I've been working with shared hosts for a long time now and, even when servers are experiencing connectivity issues like Win2 is right now I'm still impressed that the admins are willing to TALK to the customers with statements like:

"This will be resolved shortly, Win2 can't talk to MSSQL1".

Other hosts would rather lose a digit rather than publically admit the problems their servers are having. That level of disclosure is what has kept me at JodoHost for as long as I've been here.

Back