Using a Domain Name with Jodohost without Transferring It

Hi, I've registered a domain name with an other company yesterday and it will be active after hours. I'm a trial user and planning to change into pay user in a few days.

I've a question about using a that domain name I registered with jodohost. I configured the DNS adresses. Whatelse must I do? From the guide I understand that I must add it to my control panel and Jodohost will send me some informations which I must send them to my registrar. But I couldn't find out how to add my domain to my control panel. When I click on "Domains" and then click on "Add new domain" there is 4 options:

- Other Domain Name Registration & Transfer
I don't wanna transfer it.

- Third Level Domain Name Registration
This option doesn't fit what I wanna do.

- Stopgap domain registration
I do wanna use my host with a domain name.

- Domain parking
I don't know what is parking a domain name but this is for hosting with other company, I think...

What must I do exactly when my domain become active? And will Jodohost charge any money for it?

You need to use "Other Domain Name Registration & Transfer".
This will not actually transfer the domain to another registrar. Just make sure the DNS information is correct (pointing to JodoHost nameservers) and it'll work.

Hi,

I learned 2 hours ago that the company I use to register my domain didn't registered the domain yesterday but they did it 2 hours ago. I couldn't wait and tried to add my domain and I added my domain to the control panel a few minutes ago.

But it surprised me that my domain is active already?! I can enter my site and see the files I uploaded. I didn't send any information to my domain registrar, I just changed the DNS servers during registering and added my domain to control panel.

My question is:

- Is it possible a domain name to be activated in just 2 hours?

- Shouldn't I send any information to my registrar like the guide says ( http://www.jodohost.com/hsphere/html/registering_domains.html#domain_transfer )?

domain names are resloving alot quicker these days.

some within 10 minutes or sio. depending on registrar.

at some point you should have entered ns1.jodohost.com and ns2.jodohost.com, ussually when registering the domain this would be done.

I have found that initial changes to registrar settings are blazing fast these days, but sometimes changes later take a bit longer, I most of the time still say 24-48 hours, but some like godaddy are down to just minutes now.

Back