Using Jodohost for Business Venture

Daze

Perch
I currently host my personnal website with Jodohost, and have been exceptionally happy for years now.

I now find myself in a position where I want to host sites for a business venture I'm about to embark upon. I will need to host a single site for each client. The client will have no access to the web site as everything is handled by my product (a kind of basic CMS). The client will simply need an email address or two, which I will set up for them. The number of clients could (should?) grow each month.

What is the best way to achieve this with Johost?

The venture is unlikely to make mega money, so I'd like to do this as cheaply as is possible ;)

Thanks

If the clients don't need access to a control panel then you could go for the reseller litehost option and run unlimited domains under a single CP. You then set up the email addresses etc for each domain and provide the customer with logons (webmail and POP)

We took out a litehost account for a similar reason that we have IRO 50 domains that we host. We put these under a single CP and since moving to JH have embarked on selling hosting as well.

Hope that helps.

Hi Greggers - That sounds perfect!

I didn't realise I could host an unlimited number of domains with the LiteHost package. I'd misread "User Accounts" to mean that, so I thought I could only host 7 before needing to move to the next hosting package. What exactly are the user accounts for? Is it simply so seven people can log in and administer the domains I host?

I assume that once I exceed the 40Gb a month bandwidth limit I can simply upgrade to the next hosting package?

Thanks for your help... I really appreciate it. This business venture is suddenly sounding a whole lot easier to manage :D

What exactly are the user accounts for? Is it simply so seven people can log in and administer the domains I host?
User Accounts: Hsphere control Panels. 7 is the number of Hsphere control panels you get in LiteHost package. One is used as your Administrative Account, rest 6 you can sell further, to let your customers to manage their domains.

I assume that once I exceed the 40Gb a month bandwidth limit I can simply upgrade to the next hosting package?
We offer additional disk space and bandwidth at discounted prices, you need to contact Sales for that. Upgrade is mendatory when you have used all the control panels of LiteHost (10 max) and you want to use even more. Plan upgrade can be done anytime form your control panel itself.

Excellent!

Thanks for the information. I now need to work out if much disk space and bandwidth I'll realistically need...

I'd appreciate some more advice...

From a performance and server load perspective, should I use a single database for all clients (client will become part of primary key on tables), or should I give each client a seperate database?

A single database would be easier for me to maintain (in theory), but would there be a performance hit from all of my clients sharing a single database?

I'm not sure what to do for the best...

Thanks again.

Daze, if connections close properly it should be fine to share a DB, but you will run into some max connections problems if you have too many on one DB

Back