Using third party libraries

kompot

Guppy
I need some third party DLL's for my application. Even thogh i placed them in my /bin directory, application cant find them and complains that DLL's not registered. How to register them?

kompot said:
I need some third party DLL's for my application. Even thogh i placed them in my /bin directory, application cant find them and complains that DLL's not registered. How to register them?

If your application and the 3rd party DLL's are .NET, it should work with no registration necessary. If not (COM objects), you will have to ask Jodo to look the DLL's over and maybe they will install them. But generally, most hosting companies are very reluctant to do this (and for good reason).

riley

riley said:
If your application and the 3rd party DLL's are .NET, it should work with no registration necessary. If not (COM objects), you will have to ask Jodo to look the DLL's over and maybe they will install them. But generally, most hosting companies are very reluctant to do this (and for good reason).

riley
I's COM objects. In my development environment htat MQCOMIFLib.dll was registered during API installation. Using it on dev. machine, my application created Interop.MQCOMIFLib.dll (I think it's .net version). I uploaded both MQCOMIFLib.dll and Interop.MQCOMIFLib.dll to my /bin on jodohost. Neither worked. I hope registering MQCOMIFLib.dl would help. Yep, Jogo is reluctant to registering it. I placed request ticket 6 days ago. NO responce yet.

That seems to be a COM library to talk to MSMQ, is that right? If it is, then you could just use the MSMQ classes in .Net instead. Also MSMQ may or may not be turned on for the servers. That might be another issue.

Back