Visual Basic 2003 - Response.Redirect

Good day to all.

I'm 100% positive most of you have heard of this complain on usual basis.

I have plundered google in search of a fix for my Response.Redirect problem but nothing has worked.

I tried Smartnavigation = false before the button, tried adding it to the public class of the page and nothing works.

It's absolutely ridiculous.
This project is due for THIS SATURDAY, ie 22nd July.

My original file had 2 buttons working. One going from hom to the first webform and a back button on the webform to go back to home. Nothing else worked, all they did was reload the page.

I read up on this site how it might be a problem with Validation or something so.

My script is flawless, No signs of undeclaration.

Can someone please tell me how can I get Response.Redirect to work?

You could try explaining the problem. :) From what you've written I have no idea what you want Response.Redirect to do that it's not doing.

I wanted Response.Redirect to load a new page in the same window.

Apparently, I had some problems with the handlers. As soon as my original project went haywire, I made subsequent programs copy pasting everything.

It seems this was the problem, so all I have to do is go into the code editor, Cut out the code, reomve the private and end sub, go back into the design, double click for it to create it's own corresponding private and end sub, and paste the code.

I found this terribly shocking....but such is the case with programming, the problem is usually so tiny it's difficult to spot.....

simplexivan said:
May be you should use Server.transfer method?

I would recommend against it. In most circumstances, it produces unwanted results, because the new page inherits the context of the old page.

riley

riley said:
I would recommend against it. In most circumstances, it produces unwanted results, because the new page inherits the context of the old page.
Second that. Server.Transfer is not a replacement for a Redirect. It has its own very specific and separate uses.

riley said:

riley

You!!!

You are the one whom I read with an answer that interested me, in a similarly named thread.

You spoke something of uploading the files in " inetpub\asp_client "

But I never understood what exactly to do with them. I tried adding them to my existing project but that did'nt work.

Could you elaborate on that please?

I pm'd you but never got a reply >:/

Hey Cajun, you are still experiencing the same response.redirect problem? Is your project over due now? Can you post the relevant code?

Well everything seems to be fine in that regard now... thank God...

However some other people encounter problems where the button is .... " outdated " or so to speak.

Even when removing it's coding instance with private and end sub, it still has the wrong address being run.

The Response.Redirect("Annual_Trip") is what is correct, however, when the code runs, an error pops up. It displays the error and the instance declares the code "Annual Trip" was excuted.

Truly queer.

Cajunspirit said:
You!!!

You are the one whom I read with an answer that interested me, in a similarly named thread.

You spoke something of uploading the files in " inetpub\asp_client "

But I never understood what exactly to do with them. I tried adding them to my existing project but that did'nt work.

Could you elaborate on that please?

I pm'd you but never got a reply >:/

I missed your pm -- I don't pay much attention to them...

Based on the version of visual studio you are using, the validators will try (when a page is requested from the server) to include support javascript code from a folder within \Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web. For example, the 2003 version will use a path to
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js. However, the server at JodoHost might have a newer version of the javascript support files and, therefore, the validators will not work because the path to the javascript file is invalid. To remedy this, you can create the path within your domain on JodoHost (/aspnet_client/system_web/yourversion) and copy the contents of \Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\yourversion\ from your localmachine to that folder. This will provide the required javascript support files for your application's validator controls.

riley

Ah I see what you mean now. You're referring to using Jodohost as a server, I understand. This was not my complaint but thanks alot for the detailed answer.

I seem to have gotten things working fine today, Thanks be to God :)

Back