VPS for reseller

Hello!

I am jodohost`s reseller. Their service like me and price is good. What I don`t like, it is reseller`s VPS. In first plan for reseller LiteHost , it include only 10!! processes. I don`t know, who do it and what think...because
1 VPS clean, empty account only with Linux spends 10 processes! 8o If I want to setup Apache, for examples, (I think, it is first, that must be installed), I must pay eaxtra for processes and that cost is not cheaper ($0.10/process per month).

May be jodohost`s admins should think and change it? 20 processes are MINIMUM!!!

Hi

Well, we have tried to push out the best we can at $17.50 in the LiteHost package. I would recommend ValueHost to exploit VPS.

However I'll look into this

Yes, please look into it!

ValueHost have 20 processes... When I try to setup Apache with MySQL, it spend appr. 30 processes. ONLY Apache!!! and only 1 account!

Anyway, it is strange, that you limit processes... you should limit RAM , of course. I looked in offers of VPS by other company. They limit only RAM! (and space and trafic, of course).

reseller,

Processes are a very taxing resource, most hosts do limit processes, even if they don't publicly state that as being the case.

Ok! Limit it reasonably! 10-20 processes - it`s just funny! The middle server spend like 40 processes!

Else your resellers cannot sell their! It is for number of services only - We offer VPS. That VPS cannot be in use!

Please, think about it! Please!!

I have a VPS account, but to be honest I'm not even sure how the processes are being counted. Is it only root processes or child processes as well?

Apache and other internet servers like to spawn a bunch of child processes, but most of them use mostly shared memory blocks and are likely idle.

Restricting processes never made much sense to me, unlike memory usage, CPU time, diskspace, etc :p

Subspace, it is becasue one VPS account can bring down a while server with a looping process, hung process, or some app spawning numerous child processes out of control.

Back