vps plans

I have a client that needs pci compliance so i'm going to have to move him off of my reseller hosting plan and up to a vps hosting plan in order to close off some of the ports that their security scan is flagging.

which plan would you suggest? it's just a simple asp based shopping cart site that gets around 2k visitors a month.

thanks.

Virtuozzo will have more trouble closing off than HyperV.

do you anticipate a need for a control panel or just set it and forget it type?

Shared servers are not in any way PCI compliant, even if they can pass a scan, and that is why we don't make a huge effort on closing off some ports they say 'must be done'
We do this more on WinSD plans however, but they are actually more costly than VPS, but have full support included hands off management style.

I'd probably go for Windows Hyper-V Light or Value (light is sold out right now, looking at a couple weeks before we have more in stock, we are focusing on migration right now)

If you require backups you can do the $20 management plan and we'll handle the windows updates as well, for $35 you could do first month and we'll do the IIS setup for your domain as well, then drop down to $20/m plan for the management of os updates and taking backups for you and storing them.

Back