vps storage space increase

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by thingwarbler, Apr 22, 2007.

1. thingwarbler

thingwarbler Perch

For those of us running plesk on windows (and in my case, coldfusion and a mail server on top of that) space gets really tight really quick -- even a gold plan with 10Gb is really barely adequate once you throw a full virtuozzo backup file and assorted junk on the box. But the current rate of $10/500Mb/month for added space is just not realistic. Other providers either come with larger space allotments, or offer increases for less -- like, 1Gb for $2.50 a month (see PowerVPS :: Windows VPS - Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise) which would make an upgrade more feasible.

Any chance you could re-evaluate your add-on pricing and/or disk space allotments?
  2. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

Why do you have a virtuozzo backup stored on your vps?

We have many of those for you already stored off server, and they don't count against your allocation :)

If you want to download the backups themselves send me a mail and I will prepare a RAR of the backups from the last month for you, it will be a large RAR file, but so long as you have highspeed connection you can download it fine :)
  3. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

BTW, I just checked your vps filesystem and you have loads of free space(with exception of one file), your CF is doing verbose logging and has a 3.4GB log file, you will likely speed up CF by stopping it for a minute and removing this file.