vz2 - issue requiring node reboot from one VPS

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
One VPS will not start and requires a reboot of the node, I am giving it a go now.

Ugh....I am hating this server now, it is rebooting loop again! I am not sure what keeps happening on this thing to make it hate me.

I am almost positive this is due to a parallels update making this fail, we have a similar issue last time, the issue is that windows is not booting up going into a loop.
I am going to take a two pronged method of getting all back here on it, and that will be to bring up new hardware and move the VMs still on it (not many as we are moving people off of this virtuozzo) and split up into two servers. Won't be but a couple on each machine, but that is just fine to me now.

The issue seems to be the same that happened back in July. It has a boot loader change that made the windows installed drive move to another letter, really very bad that this is happening.

Plan now:

Get new hardware prepped. Get drives data (all data is intact!) Move via network to new node, start on new node. getting rid of this vz2 junk.

(Let me be clear, the hardware is actually good, it's all Tyan server parts, we just have had these boot issues with parallels and it and I am a bit emotional about it now!)

there are a total of 8 VMs here on this node and they will all be moved to new nodes.

I am hard at work here, will update when I have an update. It will be a couple hours at minimum before anything comes online :(

I have Windows installing on one new node, another is up already working to get the files off the existing via network now.

Wow, I was working on windows and just got the original windows install to boot now, I was just trying to get the network up on a live disk and ran across a nice fix. I am not sure yet if we'll have any further issue with VPS loading, but in any case I am 100% proceeding in setup of the alternative nodes and we can work on live migrates and clones instead of down ones, which will be a great benefit if we can do this.

The one not working is due to the now famous Windows Process Activation Service not working right, working to resolve it.

Back