Web16 and Web18

djfenom

Guppy
I am have now reached the end of my tether, I’ve lost count of the amount of emails and sessions on live chat I’ve had with you, the service you are currently providing is nothing short of appalling!

I have multiple sites all running slow on web16 and web18, I’ve tried changing the database connection to the IP address but it makes no difference, they still run like shit!

I’m monitoring the Facebook page and forums but there’s no information on when these servers are scheduled to be completed?

I’ve lost numerous clients already and had to move several sites to a more reliable company, but this in turn is a nightmare as downloaded from FTP is taking a lifetime!

I think compensation is now in order, I’m paying for a disgraceful service and should be compensated accordingly.

Let’s see how many days it takes you to respond this time!

We're actively moving servers, and these servers are move now, FTP and other services are all live and working properly. Network changes will be taking effect early next week, and we're doing final MSSQL work here this week.

Stephen - I know you are working hard to get everything up and running reliably. But for us resellers a 7-10 day wait for these problems to be fixed is just unacceptable. We have customers who expect a working site. A site that takes 15-30 seconds to load each page is unusable and our clients will lose potential customers because of these issues. I know that you are able to do temporary things to get these sites running faster (because I've seen improvement for a day or two and then it goes back to the slow performance). Whatever you are doing for this, have someone monitor the servers and just keep doing it.

I agree microweb, it's got to the point now were clients are threatening to leave unless I move their sites to a better server! I'm in the process of doing this with a lot of them, the problem is, the FTP is so unbearably slow, this is taking hours. I've asked earlier for a quicker way of downloading and all I received was a link to a zip of the site I need to download on the exact same server!! What good is that to me!!

This is a disgrace, I've lost so many hours going back and forth with you guys, let alone my clients who I'm constantly having to let down.

Who do I speak to about compensation, we shouldn't have to pay for a sub-par service.

I agree with everyone - the performance is frustrating, and the lack of response makes it 10x worse.

And for the record, responses like "please try again now and report any problems" don't really count as a response. Not only is it deceptively vague with no indication of what or why the site was slow and what as actually done to address the problem, but almost every time there is LITERALLY no improvement to load times. If Jodo used ANY type of third party monitor, including basic sites like "downforeveryoneorjustme.com" they could immediately see there is no improvement.

It's sad that even trying to perform a simple move is painful. FTP connections fail, trying to run "archives" via the web file manager usually fail unless you select a tiny portion of the site.
We tested moving two fairly basic WordPress sites, one via FTP and one via the control panel/file manager. It was nearly the same amount of time - about 45 minutes - at least FTP auto re-tried the connection and didn't require constant supervision.
Uploading took less than 5 minutes, plus a couple of minutes to transfer the database.

I'm glad Jodo has made the decision to move to a new DataCenter, but I really wish they could have communicated the intent/process better. I'm sure many of us have lost the trust required to do continue to do business.

We do use 3rdparty monitoring,and it ties into our systems and alerts us.

We are right now nose to the wheel working to push all servers across to we can do a major network shift for helping improve the overall speed of downloads/uploads etc that is a bit slow at peak times.
We said in the mail 2 weeks, we are hoping to announce the network changes over the weekend for a monday/Tuesday switch over making Dallas the primary site, and Waco the secondary, since all will be on the Dallas side then.
We have also provided archives on other other means too for those requesting.

In addition, I'm not able to monitor this as much as I'd like because I'm personally working on the MS SQL migrations and upgrades non stop. Getting these across and done helps greatly as there becomes less cross network traffic between datacenters so it frees up the link more for downloads/uploads etc.

Last edited:
So, you still didn't answer my question:

"Who do I speak to about compensation, we shouldn't have to pay for a sub-par service."

No host is going to refund any more than you pay them, so I wouldn't waste your time. To me, losing one small client because of unreliable hosting will cost me a decade's worth of hosting fees, and no-one's going to compensate me for that. Perversely, the last year here has been probably the least troublesome ever for me up until this migration process, but I realize the old hsphere reseller system has needed replacement, so I'd rather JH concentrate on restoring 100% reliability as soon as possible.

Back