Web4 - Error 500: Internal Server Error

BluJag

Perch
3 June 2011

Web4 - Error 500: Internal Server Error

This happens reasonable frequently with all my Joomla 1.5x sites on Web4. I've raised tickets in the past but never had a satisfactory solution.

Is there anything you chaps at Jodo could do to imrove the performance of PHP on Web4? Some customers are complaining!

Thanks
Rob

PS DB's are on MySQL8

Check the logs and see if it is a mod security rule killing the site, have you done that?

Thanks Stephen - yes I've looked at the logs (some are quite huge) but I'm not really sure what to look for. I opened them in Notepad and searched for the string "security" but no joy.

Meanwhile the error 500 is still happening.

Any joy on this snag? I suspect (but am not hugely knowledgeable) that something needs tuning with the PHP processor on the server. All the sites are bog standard Joomla 1.5 installations - when one goes down, they all go down.

Err 500 happened frequently last night - when I was with a client - not good :-(

Ticket [RS #KMV-84324-297] 8th June 2011 - answer form the help desk...

"Hello,

One database user was making lots of connections and was abusing the server.We have taken care the issue.It should work fine now onwards.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek"

It hasn't helped one iota and as soon as I went to one of my Joomla sites this morning on Web4 the "Error 500: Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The problem is on the server side, not with your browser or the address. Most probably, a certain service (e.g., Tomcat engine) is down. Please contact your webmaster."

error came up.

Stephen, can you get a grip on the problem on Web 4 as I have no faith in tech support - this problem has been going on for months and all I get are platitudes.

Please help!!!

I am experiencing the same issue on Web12. It will load fine and then 15 minutes later I get a 500 error. This seems to have started with the weekend migration, but it's a problem I'd like to see addressed.

Back