Web8 FTP issues

After trying a ticket and some live chat, I'm still nowhere near a solution to this issue: on web8 I have a client site sitting w/ some odd FTP issues -- I can reach the account via an FTP client, but the hsphere file manager is all wonky and insists on asking for a username/password but won't accept anything. More importantly, there are significant file upload issues from within sites on the server; my client is running Joomla, and is currently unable to upload any files to pages within their site, even though permissions etc. are set correctly. I'm told by your tech guys that you're aware of this issue and working on it, but it's been days now and all I get is more "it'll take some more time." My client is frustrated here, and I can't even tell them what the problem is, what's being done to fix it and when it'll be fixed -- because jodohost seems unable to explain any of that to me.

Anyone care to take a stab at enlightening me and my client?

After trying a ticket and some live chat, I'm still nowhere near a solution to this issue: on web8 I have a client site sitting w/ some odd FTP issues -- I can reach the account via an FTP client, but the hsphere file manager is all wonky and insists on asking for a username/password but won't accept anything. More importantly, there are significant file upload issues from within sites on the server; my client is running Joomla, and is currently unable to upload any files to pages within their site, even though permissions etc. are set correctly. I'm told by your tech guys that you're aware of this issue and working on it, but it's been days now and all I get is more "it'll take some more time." My client is frustrated here, and I can't even tell them what the problem is, what's being done to fix it and when it'll be fixed -- because jodohost seems unable to explain any of that to me.

Anyone care to take a stab at enlightening me and my client?

I am to aware of FTP issues, but webshell yes, I am aware, it is being checked by the unix team

I am to aware of FTP issues
I take that to mean "not aware of FTP issues". Okay, then the plot thickens even further. If you're only looking at a webshell issue how do I go about troubleshooting the fact that scripts on a site on the server are entirely unable to upload files to any folder on the site, even though permissions are set to allow full access? Exact same setup on a different jodohost box has no trouble at all.

Back