Webalizer problem?

Watson

Guppy
Is there something wrong with the Webalizer stats?

It only seems to be holding the last 7 days worth of stats for Feb. At the moment, mine is showing stats only for 22nd - 29th March.

What about before that? There are still stats there for Feb.

Watson said:
I think this may have been overlooked. Can someone reply to it?

I don't know about your particular problem but I tried Webalizer and found the stats very wrong. I decided to simply turn on the transfer logs, download them daily, and then use a desktop-based stats program.

I'm currently using WebLog Expert and find it gives me everything I need. Costs a lot to buy but the trial version works for a limited time (don't know what will happen yet when the time period expires).

Logan said:
I'm currently using WebLog Expert and find it gives me everything I need. Costs a lot to buy but the trial version works for a limited time (don't know what will happen yet when the time period expires).

I agree - those sort of programs give much better stats. I tried one for a whlile too but it expired. So I'm back with Webalizer for the moment. The only thing I like about it is that my colleauges can easily check the stats as well - we don't all need to download the logs.

There are some issues with Webalizer on the Win20003 servers. You won't be having them once we complete the downgrade to Win2000

Also, Hsphere 2.4 is in BETA 7. When it goes RC we plan to upgrade and it includes AwStats

Yash said:
Also, Hsphere 2.4 is in BETA 7. When it goes RC we plan to upgrade and it includes AwStats
Seems to me I've been reading about the impending RC release for a long time. BETA 7 doesn't mean much to me. I don't know that it won't go to BETA 10 or 16 or 72 or...

Proper online stats would be great!

I understand. I'll be trying to get some input from other windows hsphere hosts and see how BETA 7 is holding up. If good, we will consider upgrading in the next BETA version

From what I've heard, BETA 7 is pretty stable. There are some minor functionality glitches with Shared SSL but even our current version has them.

Back