webmail down / E-MAIL Server Out of Disk Space??! 173.0.136.149

Attempting to log-in to dwmail on server 173.0.136.149 from several accounts failing - gives fleeting error msg, then immediately forwards back to log-in screen.

Attempting to log-in via Squirrel Mail instead likewise fails, but at least provides us with a detailed error msg which seems to indicate the cause of these E-MAIL problems, and which appears may be more serious than just webmail not working? -

Warning: session_write_close(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in /var/www/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 167 Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in /var/www/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 167 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php:167) in /var/www/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 168

Did this E-MAIL server really run out of disk space?! Are people's incoming E-MAILs being lost due to this???

Given the potentially serious nature of this problem, I opted to call JodoHost directly. But after explaining the problem, the only response I got (in very broken English), was asking me to go and report this a second time in web chat instead!

I figured if I had to go to the trouble of explaining this in writing just to get this problem with your E-MAIL Server fixed, I might as well post it here where others who were also affected by this (and a potential loss of their incoming E-MAILs) could get a heads-up about this as well.

I would E-MAIL your Support Dept. about this, except I can't, because my dang E-MAIL doesn't work!!!

Please get this fixed, ASAP.

Thank you.

First off, this is only webmail, and it doesn't impact your email coming in. Just to make sure you are aware, they are different servers and services, and one doesn't impact the other in that way.

We've done a lot of enhanced logging on webmail of late to work on thwarting spammers, and it may have needed a large log rotation, but rest assured, all your mail is there, and it would have been fully available from any email client as well from your desktop. Webmail is only one way to access mail, there are many other ways as well, via POP3, IMAP, webmail, even remote retrieval of these via those protocols to gmail and other places that support such remote mail checking.

As for calls, we have some rather big changes coming on that front soon, but don't want to jump the gun and say too much yet :)

Back