Websites Down - What is the status?

MaxPower

Perch
My websites are all down and I cannot get a status report. Nothing is posted in the forum about an outage. Live Chat will not respond. A ticket has been submitted but I'd like some information now to provide customers.

I have submitted two tickets this morning. I cannot received an email receipt because my email is down due to this problem. The tickets do not appear in the ticket history. So I cannot provide a ticket number.

I suspect you have not updated dns servet ip addresses? We mass mailed this several times. I am private messaging you the final notice mail with needed info

Please - I need help too - I never received the mass email - is there something I'm suppose to do on my end??????? My emails aren't working - so the only one I can receive on is [email protected]. I can't get into my cp either.

mine arent working and your LIVE support isnt helping...I do not use ip addresses for my DNS, but they stopped working too.

By the looks of it. I don't think there ever was an email. I never got one and I've had the same email here with jodo for 6 years.

I was having the problem about all my websites being down.

Here is some background info:

When you sign on new customers, your welcome email to them informs them of what nameservers to point their domain name to. Lets say for example your nameservers are ns3.iamahost.com and ns4.iamahost.com. Well then you will need to change or add 'Child' or 'Private' Nameservers settings for iamahost.com.

Here is what I did to fix the problem:

1. This cannot be fixed in your Jodohost reseller control panel. You need to change settings at your Domain Name Registrar. For example, my registrar is Netfirms, so I made changes in my Netfirms control panel.

2. The setting you need to change or add is called either 'Child Nameserver' or 'Private Nameserver'. When adding you put in the nameserver (ns3.iamahost.com, for example) and a matching IP address (173.0.137.5, for example).

Here are your specific settings use according to what ns# you tell your customers to use:
ns.<your-service-domain> - 173.0.137.4 - Note that some may have this as ns1.<your-service-domain> as well.
ns2.<your-service-domain> - 173.0.138.4
ns3.<your-service-domain> - 173.0.137.5
ns4.<your-service-domain> - 173.0.138.5​

In my Netfrims control panel I found it under the DNS settings.

I hope this helps. If anyone finds an error here, please correct in a reply.

Thanks.

Back