What does email mailbox quota mean?

yorri

Perch
sorry...looked for an explanation everywhere.

Does this mean that when the mailbox reaches 5MB(current quota) that no more mail will be accepted? or will it continue to accept email? If yes..is there extra charges for going over the quota?

5MB is the default quota you get while creating a mail box. This 5MB is part of your Summary Disk Space. And as I said before, Summary Disk Space is based on average usage, not allocation. So you only get charged if your average total usage (web + mail + ftp) exceeds the amount allocated to you. So if you just exceed the 5MB quota, you don't get charged.

If your mail box quota is 5MB or 100MB, it won't make a difference. It is only actual usage that would

Yash said:
5MB is the default quota you get while creating a mail box. This 5MB is part of your Summary Disk Space. And as I said before, Summary Disk Space is based on average usage, not allocation. So you only get charged if your average total usage (web + mail + ftp) exceeds the amount allocated to you. So if you just exceed the 5MB quota, you don't get charged.

If your mail box quota is 5MB or 100MB, it won't make a difference. It is only actual usage that would

But what happens if my mailbox quota is 5M and I have 5M of mail in it (and say my PC is down so I can't retrieve it). Will new mail sent to me be received in my mailbox, or will it be rejected because I am at my quota?

malemanes said:
But what happens if my mailbox quota is 5M and I have 5M of mail in it (and say my PC is down so I can't retrieve it). Will new mail sent to me be received in my mailbox, or will it be rejected because I am at my quota?

You will still be able to recieve email.

Back