What is that 'test' database?

cnisvcs

Perch
Each time I create the new MySQL DB from HSphere CP it creates extra 'test' database. I cannot remove it with 'DROP DATABASE test' query. What's up with that? Is it on purpose or it is some sort of glitch? I didn't see that 'test' db appearing on its own at another HSphere based host. Can someone explain that?

cnisvcs said:
Each time I create the new MySQL DB from HSphere CP it creates extra 'test' database. I cannot remove it with 'DROP DATABASE test' query. What's up with that? Is it on purpose or it is some sort of glitch? I didn't see that 'test' db appearing on its own at another HSphere based host. Can someone explain that?

At my other HSphere host, it shows up as well. Not sure what it is. Glad you asked though, as I have always wondered.

OK, so I added a table into that 'test' DB. Just for a heck of it. Can everybody see it? What is its name?

Excuses, excuses, excuses... :D

So, I see how it works, but still: what a heck is for? When you need to test - you create a db, when you are done with it - you delete it. Anyways, not a big deal...

Back