What server am I on? And the WinVPS3 - problem.

How do we go about finding out what server a website is on. I am monitoring this "WinVPS3 - problem", which seems to be effecting my website which is completly down at the moment.

I have noted what has been said about the VPS servers 1 and 2, and that backup have been done recently, whereas 3 has had an extened time since the backup, therefore I would like to know what server my site is on, www.balearic-jobs.com (VPS login "Balearic")

Also my database is, as far as I know, on one of your MSSQL servers, is this seperate from the above issue or am I about to loose days of message board posts from my website?

Sorry for inconvenience. I already replied your ticket for same. Database is on separate server while you are on Winvps3 server. It will be up shortly.

Hello Belearic,

MSSQL is safe, and all other VPSes have already been started on a new backup method to prevent this from ever happening again.

Before we would backup local then move to remote, sometimes the copy would not work properly for some reason or another.
Now it goes direct to remote with any backup request, and it is working well. This will be the way we keep it from now on and on all servers. I tested it some hours ago with both winvps1 and winvps2 and it was slightly slower than backing up to local, but it is safer in such rare cases as TWO drives failing at one time.

Hi Stephen and Prakash

Thank you for the feedback.

I see the server is back online. Although I have lost a few changes to the website, I have got a local back up which I should be able to restore tonight and the message board does not seem effected. *sighs in relief* I had a horrible feeling at one point today that all the hard work we have had to go through to get the site working had been wiped.

We are extremely sorry for this, and not only taking steps to prevent it in the future, but used this as an incredible learning experience to know how to restore not only a crashed server, but a single crashed VPS as well.

Back