Where is this e-mail error message originating?

Dave

Perch
I'm suddenly getting a number of the following e-mail messages:

Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.m****here.biz.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:

Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Normally, I would put this down to someone changing their e-mail address, but I received this e-mail error at the same time for 4 different people. They are all with the same ISP however. Usually such a message is from the ISP's mailer daemon, but it indicates m****here so I'm confused as to where it is originating. Plus, it says the qmail-send program which I am not using.

Is this a problem at the other end with ISP, or something to do with Hsphere at JodoHost?

Thanks.

It means that our mail server was unable to deliver your email to the destination ISP

Since you say these emails were all bound for the same ISP, I am pretty sure there must have been an issue with them. Try sending them again

Thanks for the clarification, Yash. I guess their mail server is down or something, or at least the one where these people are. Since they have many hundreds of thousands of users throughout western Canada, I assume they use more than one mail server.

Back