Which blog engine?

I want a good asp.net blogging engine (prepared to pay if necessary). I heard about .text but I can't access gotdotnet.com at all. It keeps looping between two urls starting with login.passport.com.

I will appreciate any information on a blog engine or the way to get around the gotdotnet.com accessing problem.

Thanks.

.text has been integrated into the community server now.

I use communityserver 2.0, though a bit overkill for blogging purpose. Works great though. Installed here on jodo, not a problem.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

I will try the Express edition first. Did you need lot of help from Jodo staff on this or is it easy to install and run?

The only helped I needed from jodo is to ask them to setup your directory as .net 2.0 compatiabile.

After that, upload your community server files, setup a sql server 2000 database and go to the installation webpage, the rest is simple, just follow directions.

You can get that up and running in an hour. Good luck :)

Dasblog installation seems too complicated from its docs.

Now I have downloaded community server web installer but haven't had time to run it. Will try it on the weekend.

Thanks for pointing out the subtext alternative.

I plan on installing dasblog locally soon. It seems like you just upload the files and surf to a page. I think it stores averythign in XML, no DB yet.

I've used dashblog. Very very convient. The isntallation is actually quite simple even when its documentation made it more complicated.

The pro of dashblog is portability. Whenver I siwtch host, i download it, ftp to the new server, reconfigure the configuration file, voilla where community server is...not so easy..

The con of dashblog is just the looks it for me. There are skins available, but i didn't find any good ones.

It's a hard choice. I switched to community server because I doubt that I will swtich host ever again cuz jodo just offers everythign I need, i doubt other host can do better from experience, so for the next few years, I won't do anything, so I don't need to worry about moving my database.

I installed Dasblog myself and it went smoothly. For the moment, I am staying with it as I don't want to use a database.

Thanks.

Back