Which server am I on?

arathra

Perch
This is probably a really simple question: how can I find out which server my domains, databases and mail is on?

When threads around here talk about winX responding slow or something, how do I tell which are mine?

Thanks.

in the control panel go to FTP section and it will say FTP addresss winX webX, this is your web/ftp server

You can do the same process in the mail tab of the control panel.

I think I'm missing something here. I went to the FTP section and the only obvious things I can see related to this are:

Group settler
Host Name win1.arathra.net

As far as I can tell the mail section and the mysql section have no indication of which server I'm on.

For MySQL, Hsphere does display hostname at "Databases -> MySQL -> MySQL DBs".
For Mail, you can look at the DNS configuration for the domain.
It will point to the mailserver that will look like "mail1.your-service-domain.com".

But they all point to my DNS domain which I assume must be an alias. I can't see any reference to any server.

Aratha,
You say you saw 'win1.aratha.net' -- the 'win1' is your web server.
The alias of your domain is used so if you are a reseller, then your clients never know who the top-level provider (Jodo or maybe someone above them 8o) is...
Tim

He he...
and your mail server is mail2...

How did I find that, that ask?
I pinged mail.arathra.net and got 64.71.228.12
pinging that IP, with -a didn't help, so I pinged mail1.arathra.net which didn't match IPs, but then mail2.arathra.net gave same IP as above...

Tim

Back