Which shopping cart

I'd like to hear for some folks who have experimented with the different shopping carts offered here at JodoHost. Which one did you like the best? Which one was easy to customize to your own needs. Thanks

kenbusby said:
I'd like to hear for some folks who have experimented with the different shopping carts offered here at JodoHost. Which one did you like the best? Which one was easy to customize to your own needs. Thanks

Try Productcart by http://www.earlyimpact.com/

Outstanding ASP/Access or SQL Database shopping cart. A little expensive, but well worth the month. A ton of features for payment, shopping, etc. Great Support!!

If you're looking for a free cart, try oscommerce... big learning curve, but it has a lot of features as well. Oscommerce uses php/mysql.

If you're comfortable with php, I suggest either X-Cart (commercial) or Zen-Cart (open source). I have used both here without too much troubles. Both have a pretty good learning curve, but I suspect that's the case with any really capable cart.

When I looked into OSCommerce vs. Zen-Cart, Zen was a relatively new fork and under heavy development. The community was friendlier and more helpful. They seemed to have fixed some big OSC problems, too. But, that was a year or more ago and OSC may have improved since then.

Tim

Back