Who runs WebWizForums?

Ron

Perch
Was wondering how many folks out here run WebWizForums out here. Looks like a great free asp forum. Having trouble installing it. Gives me a permission denied error, any ideas?

I've seen many WebWizForums running off our servers. You are in for a surprise in the next few days :)

That error is occuring because you need DBO permissions on your MS SQL database. Just open a ticket, one of our admins would do it right away

OK, opened a ticket. Thanks
Hmm, what surprise? :D
Let me guess, borg/Bruce is shifting his sites and forum over to you? MadDog said that on their forum (in the "anyone hosting with JodoHost" thread) sometime ago but you quickly dismissed it as rumour. MadDog got pretty upset, lol.

I know that for ASP Invision Portal (uses WWF) you need to ask jodohost to activate serverpaths and in case of SQL give dbo permissions (use ticket).

Ron said:
Was wondering how many folks out here run WebWizForums out here. Looks like a great free asp forum.
I've been running WWF for about 6 months or so. I think it's great! I originally had the Access version installed at my previous web host (which charged quite a bit extra for SQL Server), but I had no problems moving it to JodoHost and then upgrading it to the SQL Server version.

Yash said:
Don't know on what lines you are thinking. Thought some of you may be interested in knowing :)

Don't know, you said "You are in for a surprise in the next few days" and was wondering what you meant. I know some hosts have automatic setup of message forums such as PhpBB and thought maybe you were going to make this available to your users to setup Web Wiz Forums or something.

Back