Win1 Migration

riley

Perch
Wow, I'm impressed. That's the most transparent change you guys have ever made, and all seems to be working fine. In fact, my sites are much faster now.

I do have a couple questions:

1) I have always set my FTP client to win1.jodoshared.com. This still works, but points to the old server. Using the IP address 64.156.220.251 I can get to the new server. Will win1.jodoshared.com eventually resolve to the new server, or should I just use the IP address from now on?

2) I want to use FileManager from the HSphere CP, but when I sign on to the CP, FileManager goes to my folders on the old server. How can I get FileManager to work on the new server?

Again, thanks for what, so far, has been a completely transparent migration. Good job guys.
riley

ADDED Later:
Just a quick follow-up. It seems the above items are related. When I click on FileManager, a new window opens and the browser is redirected to win1.jodoshared.com. That's why it shows the folders on the old server. So I guess the really important question is question 1.

Yes that would be related, I will see about setting up some IP forwarding if possible. Or maybe a simple DNS change, thanks for making us aware of that.

FTP manager in the CP should already be taking you to the new server

Yes, win1.jodoshared.com will begin resolving to the new server in 48 hours

I just checked some of your sites and they are loading without a glitch from the new server

Back