win12 sloooow?

snooper

Perch
Hi all

i have had very slow reaction speeds from win12 recently. seems to come and go.
Anyone else?

I have a bunch of files available for download on a particular site - starts somewhere rounf 60-80 kbps, goes down to 20, sometimes MUCH lower, and then dies completely a few megs into the download (i am testing with a 13 meg mp3 file). quite annoying :(

am i in this boat alone?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have not seen this issue on win12 today or recently, I have 3 of my mother's sites on there that are actually working well.

hmmmm.... Can you think of any reason why a download would die in the middle, each time at a different point?

not really having an issue with downloads, just opening the site is slow, I am checking this pool to see what is making it sloth along.

Stephen said:
just opening the site is slow,

yes, i dicussed this with deepak today, he fixed siom,ething and then it was better for a while. now it seems slow again.

just tried the download again now, and it died again

Should be working now, and I am working to prevent the issue from happening again as well.

Both, they were one in the same issue, there was a site utilizing quite a few resources in the same pool. I have moved it out, and will be issuing a warning if it keeps causing other users problems.

That being said, I just downloaded the mp3 at 167kb/s (about max for my DSL line)

If you look quickly can even see the spike on the graphing:
http://jodopulse.com:8090/Win12/panel.htm

Thanks Stephen.
the file downloads perfectly now. i'm not too worried about the speed (as you say - it depends more on the ISP), as long as the download completes.
and the site is nice and quick loading too.

Thanks again Stephen.

Back