win15 network down - resolved with nic change

Re: win15 network down - checking

We are up and running on physical server side, trying to find why network is not working.

I am going to reboot, the NIC is saying cable is connected, disconnected in a cycle several times per second. In addition to this trying to disable it and re-enable it was not working(showed disabled but options when clicking still show disable), seems the nic needs a good reset.

rebooted and still doing the same thing, checking into it further now, in worst case we will move the active public network to another NIC.

We are changing to the alternative nic and mounting IPs there, update will come shortly.

same thing is happening on alternative nic, so we are working on a cable swap now.

Both ports are doing the same thing on different switches, switchports and cables so it is quite odd, I am working on the server to see if anything further we can do before more drastic steps are taken.

I am shutting down the server for a physical card swap. This server has a dual port card that seem to be tied to some core control that has failed.

The network card replacement is giving a bit of an issue with the metal bracketing being too long to fit in the rackmount chassis of this model where it allows the card to insert fully.
We are having to remove the bracket and find an alternative one to allow this to fit, and making a bit more delay in resolution.

new nic in and windows doens't have built in drivers for this model intel network card!

Working to get drivers on a CD or some source so that we can get moving here.

We are having to download and burn the proper driver to CD to install on server, no network access really messes with your ability to get drivers!

shared IP sites and a couple dedicated IP sites up win15 has a lot on dedicated IP, mounting them like a madman.

The majority of the IPs are mounted now, if you site is still down feel free to open a ticket, we may reply to check back very soon if it is on a dedicated IP, but otherwise you should be up.

All are up now, if ANY is down, give us a ticket or chat and we will be right on it, I went over the list twice.

Lessons learned on this episode?

Older Supermicro AMD servers uses broadcom single chip dual port ethernet, new use a dual chipset, dual port intel. Maybe there was a reason why the moved to intel (dual chip design is better for server gear)

Back