Win18 not responding

We found a motherboard issue while changing memory new memory also didn't workAnd cause is due to motherboard capacitor blown out so changing.

I have the server up and running. I was shutting it down after configuring the new NICs and it did auto install of some waiting updates. This may take some extra 45 minutes time. I apologize and did not intend this now. As soon as it shuts off I will rerack the server and get it back online.

We got updates done and moved to rack. Its doing up for 4 to 8 min and self reboot. So we are checking this and will update as soon as possible

The one night I decided to leave the laptop at home for a 'quick reboot' I am hit with a big mess like this.

I am posting from home as I ran here to grab it, and going right back. It is needed now for the debug process that I have to use to figure out what exactly has gone wrong here now!

The hardware I moved it all over to had been up and running for 2 months as a test bed without any issues at all so to suddenly get these issues is very odd.

Swapped RAM out on the system, still self rebooted after 7 minutes up, so it is not a RAM issue. it isn't doing a BSOD or anything, just BAM! black screen, BIOS, rebooting, so it is not some windows orderly shutdown or memory dump type process.
I guess I will move on to changing hardware 2nd time now.

15 minutes on the 2nd set of new hardware with IIS up and running. Sorry I didn't post when it first came up but I've been filled with false hope a few times here tonight.

Still going well, even added in taking a new backup now.

We are keeping a close eye on it through the night, but going well now.

Back