Win2 and Dotnetnuke

jeden

Guppy
Hello,

I am an happy user since 2004.
I've mainly used the hosting space to host dotnetnuke 3.1 for my company website - mostly with static content.

3 weeks ago I've opened a new site. I've removed the old 3.1 installation, converted my company site to php (since I don't really need dotnetnuke for it :)) and I've installed dnn4 on a subdomain.

Since then I've noticed that dnn is quite slow if compared to the previous version, but soon I noticed that the site frequently goes down for a few minutes.

In the last week I've experienced more problems. Often the site is very very slow, sometimes it doesn't load pages (the browser says "web server contacted waiting for reply), sometimes also I get a "server error" with no more information. It also happened a couple of times that ftp doesn't work for more than 1 hour.

During the last weekend it was down for more than 1 day.
I thought it was a problem with dnn 4, so I created another subdomain and I tried to install dnn3. I tried several times, most of teh times installation works but then it doesn't load pages. This happens often when removing or adding modules.
Sometimes pages are loaded, but not the login and administration pages. And sometimes, when one of the dnn installations doesn't work, both teh other installation and the company web site (which is php!!) don't work.

I presume there is a problem with Win2. Of course I've been in touch with teh helpdesk, but the result is always teh same. I've a website which isn't usable, and I'm not able to install dnn 3.1 (I'm quite experienced with dnn installations, and I've also managed installation for my clients with almost no problem so far, and I also develop dnn modules, so I'm not a newbie with dnn).
The only feasible suggestion I had from the helpdesk is to change server. But I wouldn't want I change server but having the same problems.

Is there anybody who had problems with dnn on Win2?
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Antonio

Hello,

There was actually an issue with a few Access databases using extreme amounts of RAM, the support dept has notified the users and they should be changed now, or shortly.

Back