win23 permissions problems created by Parallels Support

Re: win23 up but false alert

Many domains are up, but a handful are down, and Parallels did a work to 'fix' the server.

It doesn't look to fixed to me.

I am working to get all up again.

pages are returning blank on many domains right now, we are trying to get to the bottom of this ASAP. I know what was the fix for this, but parallels has made a change by their own admission and when asking them what it was they say none was made.

I am trying to get any information out of psoft-parallels that I can at this point.

The workaround we had to get sites up is no longer working, and the installers that worked before are not working now(hsphere updates are a series of installers now, and before only one failed, now every one fails)

I have found the issue, Parallels has removed access to all users except administrator on every file on the C:\ drive making this to happen.

Restoring these permissions is going to take quite some time :(

I am currently doing a mass file permissions change to get 99% of sites up. After that there will be some tweaks needed to get some write access to some folders and get things back to proper permissions.

sites are starting to come up as permissions get reset. As I mentioned however some still need tweaking, and I am working on it actively.

If after two hours you are still getting permissions looking errors on anything, submit a ticket and we will check it.

iis is down at the moment, as asp.net install process is working to help me correct permissions, and it stopped IIS for this process.

both asp.net version aspnet_regiis are complete, and IIS is up, and sites that needed aspnet write access are back in business.

Our internal test site is still giving errors so the monitoring is paused, but I am checking why that is now.

I think all is resolved now, if you still have a permissions error let us know via ticket or chat.

Back