windows 64 bit VPS ?

I don't see it, we have one of them and far too many people complained about apps not working fully :(

Not sure what the advantage would be. If your VPS doesn't use 4GB+ of ram then there isn't any point. Since it's emulated and the fact that ASP.Net runs in 32-bit mode I can't there being any performance increases.

Not sure what the advantage would be. If your VPS doesn't use 4GB+ of ram then there isn't any point. Since it's emulated and the fact that ASP.Net runs in 32-bit mode I can't there being any performance increases.
You can run native x64 on asp.net 2.0+

But if you have to run anything legacy you need to fall back to 32bit mode negating any benefits, and I think Plesk requires 32bit, it does on the one server node we have.

Correct but out of the box isn't IIS setup for 32-bit only? That was my impression at least.

No it starts fresh in x64 mode, and you have to switch it over to 32bit if using asp.net 1.1 or other legacy apps, otherwise IIS will crash continually. Not a pretty "site"

You'd have to "flip" it like this to 32bit mode from cmd prompt:
cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

Back