wineisgood.com

Peter

Perch
hey WineIsGood (sorry, dont know your real name). Saw your site. Loads really really fast. Have you optimized it in anyway? Just thought I'd ask.

BTW, your wine collection is cool :)

site has little graphics. Combined with good jodohost server speeds makes the site load real fast me thinks. Dont think he optimized it in anyway

Thanks for the comments... :)
I didn't do too much HTML optomizing, although I did write it myself instead of using a template generator, which made for more efficient code in my opinion... pretty much left the caching up to the provider. The only time I turn that off is when I display the user's wine list. I make sure the HTTP header tells the system to reload the page every time.
If you're referring to the SQL speed, that's also JodoHost's servers running fairly quickly. All the wine lists and statistics are in real-time, so you're seeing the speed of their SQL Server. If you want some pointers on SQL, speed, etc, just ask...
Other than that, it's pretty much what the other poster said -- not too much graphics! I know my users just want to maintain their wine list!
-Dave

Back