WinVPS Hardware Spec

Hi,

Please can someone help me with the specs of the Windows VPS servers which the VPS value plan is hosted on. I'm interested to know:

• the hardware you use? ie brand of hardware, type of processor and no of cores and speed, hard disk setup etc.
  • the VPS contention ratio?
  • whether the RAM specified is the guaranteed amount or burstable amount?
  • what backup provision there is? ie RAID, tape backup
  • what the connectivity is of the hosting facility.
Thanks very much in advance.

Rob.

Hi,

Please can someone help me with the specs of the Windows VPS servers which the VPS value plan is hosted on. I'm interested to know:

• the hardware you use? ie brand of hardware, type of processor and no of cores and speed, hard disk setup etc.
  • the VPS contention ratio?
  • whether the RAM specified is the guaranteed amount or burstable amount?
  • what backup provision there is? ie RAID, tape backup
  • what the connectivity is of the hosting facility.
Thanks very much in advance.

Rob.

We have moved to using dual core AMD servers instead of quad's like before, and going with a maximum of 10 VPSes per node. We had intially gone with SWSoft suggestions of 20-30 per node, but even on the most powerful servers with 16GB RAM, quad CPU's, etc the number of processes really caused a lot of problems and VERY SLOW startup times on maintenance. Since going to a 10max(all value plan) method startup times have literally gone from a minimum of 20 minutes and sometimes 40, down to 5-8 minutes.

The ram is the guaranteed level, if you buy it, it is available 100%, SWSoft doesn't have bursting ram on windows ;)
Backup, all servers run RAID1 or RAID10, but this is not backups, backups are on a SAN service, you can perform backups from the power panel when you wish.

We run an all gigabit network on the customer facing side (just a few 100mb internal things for critical but non speed critical measures, like reboot units etc)

Back