WinVPS Reboot Maintenance: WinVPS1-8 11PM Sept 28th, WinVPS9-17 11PM Sept 29th

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
Hello,

There will be a reboot of WinVPS Hardware nodes on WinVPS1-8 beginning at 11PM EDT Friday Sept 28th, until 3am Saturday the 29th. Each VPS should expect up to 25 minutes outage during this reboot and upgrade process. Windows Patches and Virtuozzo updates will be run on all servers starting with WinVPS1 at 11PM and continuing to WinVPS8 during the first maintenance window.

On Saturday night, there will be a reboot of WinVPS Hardware nodes on WinVPS9-17 beginning at 11PM EDT Saturday Sept 29th, until 3am Sunday the 30th. Each VPS should expect up to 25 minutes outage during this reboot and upgrade process. Windows Patches and Virtuozzo updates will be run on all servers starting with WinVPS9 at 11PM and continuing to WinVPS17 to close the final maintenance window.

Due to the number of WinVPS hardware nodes we are splitting the maintenance over two days in order to focus on the client VPSes at every reboot.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this maintenance period. Updates will be provided throughout the process on our Network Outages and Updates forum.

We will be starting the maintenance as planned shortly, the first reboots will happen about 11:10-15 after installers are done, this is a rough estimate.

The estimate of 11:10 to 11:15 winvps1 reboot can now be moved to more accurate 11:11-11:13 timeframe to start.

It has rebooted and is back up now, VPSes are starting, I am going to wait for at least half to be going before continuing to winvps2

WinVPS2 has been back up I am logging in to get status of VPS launches, I know some have already been started

Over half of the VPSes on winvps2 are launched, I am waiting until it completes to move to winVPS3

This winvps3 update is taking a bit longer than expected, updates still installing, will update further before the reboot

WinVPS3 VPSes are launching well, WinVPS4 will NOt be rebooting tonight as it has no updates needed and was rebooted 5 days ago. I will skip to winvps5 in about 20 minutes it will reboot(estimate)

WinVPS5 has been all up since about 2 min after the last post, WinVPS6 reboot happening in 2 min now

Back