WINVPS Support Problems

Oded

Guppy
Hello users and managers.

I recently purchased a WinVPS plan from Jodo, and wanted to find out if the problems I have been dealing with are happening to others, or if im just "Lucky"

1. After purchasing the plan and being told the setup would take 10-24 hours, I had to wait 3 days for the setup to be completed.
2. Once the setup was completed, I tried to upload files to my account. After several Error Messages, several conversations with the Live Sales Support, and several Tech Support emails, I was told that JodoHost had not realized that I am on a VPS account rather than a shared account, and that they would fix this imediately.
3. After waiting for over an hour, I got an email saying the problem was fixed.
I tried to upload the files again, and got an error message again.
4. I sent in another ticket, waited an hour, and got a reply that I should try a new FTP login.
5. I am currently waiting for an answer again, because the new information they sent did not solve my problems.

Strangely, When I called the 24/7 tech support number, I got an answering machine, the live sales chat people are currently busy, and I have no idea when my new ticket will be answered.

To sum it up, my experience with JodoHost has, so far, been very dissapointing. Tech Help by email is not very helpful, Sales Support directs me to mail support, and Phone Support is unavailable.

Is it me or is it them???

Oded

Oded,

On the Welcome Mail we say to always include your VPS ID in communications, this is for us to know that you are VPS account.

One thing about VPS is that while we include 1 hour of management, you have full control of the server and for items like an upload problem, you are expected to try and see what the problem is yourself, you have full access to event viewer logs etc.

The VPS is not 100% managed, we offer 1 hour of month management with it. As for tickets insure you are using the helpdesk at:
http://helpdesk.jodohost.com/support/index.php

Your login here is the same as the billing information login with the Hsphere control panel. The delay in setup was caused by the delay in getting the new server ready.

"One thing about VPS is that while we include 1 hour of management, you have full control of the server and for items like an upload problem, you are expected to try and see what the problem is yourself, you have full access to event viewer logs etc."

If I knew what the problem is, I would not need Tech Support.
So far, your tech support has been trying to figure it out for over 5 hours, and they still do not have an answer. So I doubt that my looking at the event viewer and logs would solve the problem

Additionally, if my plan had been setup properly, perhaps I would not be dealing with these issues now.

I will let you know if this problem is resolved, and if the issue was on my side, I will appologize for being so impatient.

If, however, the problem is on your side, I will expect a reasonable explanation.

Oded

Oded,

I just looked at your ticket, you really need to specify when something is VPS, as you just say you added a new domain.

Also, it seems all but the non functional site preview is working now, and that doesnt work for any of the installs and is being resolved in the next version which is in beta now.

The best way to preview a site is to move it to a dedicated IP for a short time, do the checks your need and then move back to shared.

"I just looked at your ticket, you really need to specify when something is VPS, as you just say you added a new domain.

Also, it seems all but the non functional site preview is working now"

Since all of my tickets have been replies to past tickets rather than new tickets, I assumed you understood that I am talking about the same VPS account.

I do not yet know if all issues have been resolved. Your tech team is still checking, and it seems there is an issue with the memory too.

Will update when I get an answer

There is no RAM issue, the tech who told you was mistaken in this, it was just an ISAPI filter causing the IIS problem.

You only have two open tickets and neither mentioned VPS until a tech saw that it was on a VPS account, so as I said please mention VPS in the start of the ticket and it will assist greatly in getting to the proper people to support the issue.

I have replied to you in ticket and verified that your files are there as well.

Back