WordPress 2.8 upgrade

exodus

Perch
EasyApps only has WordPress 2.5 which has major security issues. WordPress 2.8 has been available for quite a while. Why isn't this available in EasyApps?

EasyApps quite simply stinks. It is not updated often and never recommended by us. On windows it requires additional packages and I refuse to install it, as it is outdated before even installed.

easyapps contains version which hsphere supports. So if you need some latest version then you can install/update manually over the easyapps install.

I tried installing WordPress 2.8 from scratch, but could not see any way to add a new Php database through MyPhpAdmin. So, I installed the WordPress 2.5 through EasyApps and then upgraded to version 2.8.

I appreciate you being candid about EasyApps. So many of my clients ask for these "click to add" free applications. Is there no way for you to improve, or upgrade the quality of these apps?

you can't add a DB via phpmyadmin, you add in in MySQL section of hsphere, THEN managed it via phpmyadmin :)

that should solve the first issue there.

As for improving, I won't go so far as to claim it is impossible, another host reported they were doing it and going to make available to others, but said after 2 months it wasn't worth it, too much work and too many problems.

Back