Wordpress and phpBB on IIS

zero

Perch
I'm trying to get WordPress and phpBB installed on one of my domains. I keep getting the following error when trying to install WordPress:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required for WordPress.

I get a very similar error when I enable phpBB (through hsphere) and try to set it up through the admin tool.

This seems to be the common solution on the web for this problem: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/108130

I have submitted a ticket for it, but the response only asked me if I wanted to switch to php4. I doubt this will solve the problem seeing that both WordPress and phpBB are both php5 compatible.

Has anyone here had experience successfully running either WordPress or phpBB on an IIS reseller plan?

thanks,
.brit

I have multiple WP blogs on IIS. Setup the MySQL database in the CP and modify the wp-config file. In the config file change the 'DB_HOST' to point to the IP address of your MySQL server instead of local_host.

That is the way I had it setup, but it still didn't work. I ended up just putting it on a Unix box. I would rather mad mod_rewrite access anyway. Thanks for the info, though.

.brit

I've just come across this problem on my install.

I initially installed PHP as "IIS ISAPI" and this caused the dreaded "missing the MySQL" message. When I ran the PHP install again and changed it to "IIS CGI", it worked fine. Hope that helps someone.

Back