Wrong record returned by mysql_query

zardiw

Perch
I have a small database of 360 rows.

Each user has a row.

Primary index is their email address.

I emailed all my users and asked them to update their records.

A few of them told me that when they logged in to retrieve their record, the got SOMEBODY ELSE's record.

And most of them got the same wrong record.

How can this happen, and how can I fix it.

The database is part of a Joomla website.

Database access is using PHP.

Thanks for your help...........z

It sounds like the search is keying off the wrong info, say a user ID that is hard-coded rather than dynamic. Is this a prebuilt Joomla component/extension or something you wrote? If it's something someone else built, you'll have to ask them what's up. If it's yours, post the query and a summary of the db structure.

Tim

I wrote the PHP scripts myself. I think it was cause I had a web page with 2 forms in it. The first one let them enter their email/pin and then activated a modify script. The second form on the page had them fill everything in, including the email twice. Somehow the action script was using maybe the second email...which could have come from some other user that was entering a new form, while one user was just updating his..........maybe that was it, I don't know...I wrote some code to take care of the second email and blanking it....if you really want to see the code, I'll post it.....it's pretty simple really.

I thought there were different sessions and stuff........somebody asked how I was doing session security, and I drew a blank.......lol........z

Back