www.welshlens.co.uk

bolt

Guppy
Photographer in North Wales UK. Come and visit my site, have a look at my photos, tell me what you think and give me some tips. If you have a related site add your link and if possible exchange links you can do this using my link page.

URL: www.welshlens.co.uk
:D

Nice pix

Hi Welshman

I don't know much about photography but I sure can recognise a good picture. Your site was full of some really lovely pix (esp. loved the candle light pic). Good work. All the best.

Thank you for visiting my site and commenting.
I have just visited Iceland and hope to have some of the photos I took on my site within the next month. I took over 700 and all in RAW format so its taking me some time to convert and process them ready for my site. I can not put them all on but I will put a taster or two. All I can say is Iceland dont think about it just go ist fantastic but it costs as food is not cheep.

Are well must go and thank you again all welcome. :]

Stephen said:
Is Iceland greener than Greenland like it is rumored? :tongue:

Iceland is a strange place with some parts greener than Wales without trees nor bushes or grass. The volcanic hills are covered with a green moss like foliage with the added tint lilac flowers, wile other parts are golden, orange and black volcanic rock almost like you landed on a strange planet like Mars with steam coming out of the ground. Mountains of volcanic rock that shadow the landscape and can destroy your cartilage if walked on just like the roads. Roads that are made for testing 4x4s, extreme cyclists only ride if insane and like the desolate terrain as well as having a good health, insurance polices. Waterfalls are to be seen to believe and the sound from them are just like a 747 as its powering its jets. This is where the extreme sportsman can get a rush like never before that is if you can get the permission to do so but notify your next of kin before doing so.
Iceland changes as you travel around the island from volcanic to green, icebergs to waterfall's its all there and more. Take a picnic of one egg two rounds of bread of one peace of string. Put the string around the egg and dip it into one of the hot pools for 5 min to get a hot lunch in no time. Hot pools range from 80 to 100 degrease and some are tapped into by thermal power stations with the waist colling down is piped and mixed with sea water to create hot pools, one name the Blue Lagoon. Hot Lakes you can swim in while your body turns red from the heat your head turns blue from the cold. This tends to give you another extreme sport.... Getting out of the lake and runing like H***l to the changing rooms before you know what it is like being a iceberg.

Yes Iceland is verry green and yet nothing like you have ever seen before. One day I will go back after covering the loan for purchasing a pizza in a restaurant (not cheep) and a place you will hold a tin of beer like it was gold as it probably cost the same. :)

Your "thumbnails" are around 140kb so hence a slow site - make proper small thumbnails. Overall design somewhat dated, a cleaner page would look better (eg flickr). Photos are good though.

Back