yahoo emailing

Re: IP Blocked

Having trouble sending mail to yahoo email, no error is returned, but no one gets the emails, not even in junk/bulk mail.

The mail server we're sending through is Mail5 .. we were having problems with AOL as well, but that's been solved, even emails to hotmail are received but not yahoo.

any ideas?

Re: IP Blocked

I am getting the same thing, it doesn't look to be a block but I am having Yogesh check it, it may just be a new delay yahoo has installed.
I know when someone send more than 5 email to our main domain here, our new spam filtering will do something like "please retry delievery in 5 minutes to send mail" in the debug messages. Yahoo may be doing something similar.

The email address listed for my main JH account profile is a "Pay" yahoo account. I have sent and received several JH emails today with no problem. Is the problem your having using free yahoo accounts?

I just tested the same thing, the premium or partner yahoo premium(my verizon account) go properly, but free Yahoo! has a rate limited setting as of now, and it seems to be all mail servers now just mail5. It is allowing mail to go just with a delay after it is "Deferred"

yes i see, after posting, i saw that it took about 8 minutes for the email to go through, but when it finally did, straight to spam/bulk messages. Just can't win!

but even that's better than the problem i thought (not going through). I wouldn't suppose there's something we can do about it going straight to junk? I used Mozilla Thunderbird to send the email so i would assume it sends well formed messages.

Thanks guys

Hello,

Seems many are having this issue, I am seeing discussions of it happening on message boards now, to most everyone.

so it seems that yahoo is going the way of AOL and being tyrannical with their email services... it's understandable they want to offer safer and as such superior service, but i don't think they realize how many people sending legitimate emails they harm.

I haven't come across any whitelist program for yahoo either, so it just seems like a lost cause... unless ISP/Web Hosts team up on them about it.

Back