Hi Yash,
(ticket 5193)
One of the problems we conquered last week was that pages accessed by https on one account, that I was notified of, were unavailable, but when viewed by http were fine. Support first suggested re installing the Geo trust certificate. I did that and it didnt work. Support then fixed and off we went. Note the certificate had been working fine since it was installed, but suddenly stopped. This was on the domain scaustralia.com
https has now stopped on the 2 accounts where I am using Dedicated IPs and SSL certificates. The same pages are available by http but not https
eg http://mumshomebiz.com https://mumshomebiz.com
Yes, this is a server-wide issue and I can guarantee you that we are working very hard on it… SSL is working perfectly in IIS6 native mode but as a result, session variables are being lost which we treat as a more serious issue. So we’ve decided to switch to IIS5 isolation mode and work on the SSL issue.
I recommend you use the non-SSL version of your site then
Yash - what happened to our monster thread on the sessions expiring? Anyhow, I’m interested in your comment above.
I know you are still working on the SSL issue, but from what you’ve just said, do I take it that there shouldn’t be any sessions timeout issues since you have switched to IIS5? wisechoice is still holding up good (though I’ve seen a couple more drops today), but the other domains I have are still dropping sessions after seconds, rather than even minutes…
Yash - I’m telling you it’s hit and miss at BEST. Is the IIS restarting something that would expire the sessions?
I just got sessions expired and a page saying ‘Service unavailable’. But I’ve been losing sessions on these websites all day (with the exception of wisechoice) without this message.
I promise you I’ve not spent half my day watching this for no reason - I have to say I’m pretty stressed at this moment at the potential sales both myself and my customers may be losing over this issue. Please test it again…?
my last test just now didn’t make it to 10 seconds!!!
To be honest, most of my tests throughout the day have been good - lasting well over an hour, but there has been at least 5 or 6 instances of dropped sessions since you reported you had put it in it’s ‘own pool’.
This customer has now reported this (as I say, just minutes ago). Assuming she’s not lying, the answer is Yes… ?(
I’m not convinced this issue is over by a long way. In fact, even if you fix it, I’m going to spend days monitoring this. Especially when you see sales slip away like this… The way I will truely tell that it’s no longer an issue is when I see sales get back to normal. With Wise Choice, our sales are pretty consistent. Today they have been well down…
[QUOTE=Yash]
chris, check englishtherapy and wisechoiceuk now. Both should be working…
[/QUOTE]
I’m checking - but I can’t rely on one check, or even two or three… How can I be sure that everything is OK when like I say - wisechoice has worked perfectly for the most part today? Even though those five or six dropped sessions are small in number - they are way too significant. Surely we can expect NO dropped sessions, right?
What have you just done that might reassure me that anything has changed? Can you see what I’m getting at? If you found a problem, and fixed it, that’s at least hopeful…
I’m sure because I isolated both wisechoiceuk and englishtherapy. No way it can lose variables unless we restart IIS
Regarding the SSL problem.. no one is ableto figure this one out. We have an experience microsoft certified administrator look into it and even he can figure it out. We’ll probably resort to a IIS reinstall to fix it in the next 12 hours