$69 Misery.

raid

Guppy
I was reluctant to post in the forums but having spent all day here in front of my computer in the eventual hope of working on my websites, i am forced to speak a little.

Last week i took the weeks trial offer for windows silver package. I tested it and it worked perfectly, I was even in a rush to pay sooner to start on a semi dedicated server. I had to hold till the trial period finished, which i did. I then cancelled my windows silver package and subsribed to the semi dedicated plan. That yesterday went well enough.

This morning i put up a test site and uploaded etc. Then nothing. Live chat informed me that my account had mistakenly been deleted. No problem, a new one was created and away i went again uploading and configuring my site.

Once up in its bare bones state, the page load times were and still are horrendous. Over 30 seconds for a single page to load. Rather than use live chat, as they are obviously busy, i fire in a ticket. No reply.

I have spend the greater part off all day in front of my computer in the vain hope i could see some efforts for the money i have paid.

I am not sure what the problem is but there most certainly is one.

Heaven help the main site i wanted to put up as that with this plan would be hellish.

If something has gone wrong your end then please let me know via my tickets or in here. My patience has limits and i have a rather busy life to lead too.

Thank you.

I will have someone research your tickets, but I assure the you Semi-Dedicated server is not having slow loads, one of the sites on that server this just came from:

This page was generated in 0.3906 seconds.

The toal load time including all images etc, on an asp powered page was 1.375 seconds.

Thank you. I replied with a query. I was not sure what u meant.

Hopefully it will be resovled.

thanks

Its only fair on Jodohosts support team that i update this post.

Thankfully after some great support from them, the site problems were resolved very quickly and i am more than satisifed with the results.

Initially i thought i was banging my head against a brick wall, but that was far from the case.

Thank you Jodohosts support. Appreciated.

Just to post a followup, if I am not mistaken the problem was that with the WinSD accounts we have a special out of H-Sphere SQL server, however since Hsphere can't manage this server(its complex, but their are reasons it can't), we create the DBs manually for the users.

So in essense the SQL was on the wrong server and the communications delay between the servers resulted in slow page loads.

Through this I see that we need to put on the SD website that SQL is on a special server and to request SQL DB creation manually via ticket.

Back