About DNS and IPs

iamar

Perch
Ive noticed about the change but im a little lost here.
I tried to access my CP but it give me a DNS error (like all my domains) wich I understand why.

But now I need to know what and where to do to apply the new ip.

Thanks in advance, Ignacio.

First, log into your reseller account and reset your CP url. Next you can log into your admin CP and go to E.Manager > Server Aliases to see your new name server IPs

Update these nameserver IPs at your registrar

Thanks yash, as usually fast and efficient.

Done with the CP. Now im changing the dns but, my question is... I have to change just my main domain dns or all of my domains (pointed to my main domain dns)?

Best Regards, Ignacio.

you just need to update your nameserver IPs for your reseller dns zone..

You do not need to update each and every domain unless the domain's registrar requires you to enter the IP for the nameservers as well

Hello I have all my clients site down and we are waiting for a replay.. please can you let us know if we need to change all our domains dns or not?? please RESPOND ASAP
THANK YOU :( ?(

Yes sorry just when we posted the last message you responded. anyway we did the changes you told us and the sites are still down.. do we have to wait?? if tomorrow we don;t have the sites running the clints are going to go crazy with us please let me know..
Thanks you

Apart from flushing DNS caches using "ipconfig /flushdns" to see if that helps, there isn't anything you can do to speed up the process.

Our web sites are still down!!! please let us know what is going on, does it takes so long?? our clients are going crazy with us.. and also we don;t have any idea on what to tell them.. how many more hours is this going to take, the usual questions they ask. This is making us look really bad..

I have the same problem. I did all of the changes as requested

1. Changed the A record for ns1.mydomain.net to 204.*
2. 12 hrs later when ns2 was changed, i did the same as #1

But still the new IPs are not being resolved ?( ?( ?( and i think my clients are looking to stone me, does anyone have a hut to hide me X(

edit: added the following ...

The interesting part is that when the ip addresses were changed, i saw the 204.* taking effect and it was working until tuesday morning and then bang!!!

Actually, can someone please verify what I have done is correct.

Service Domain: mydomain.net

In my domain registrar, i created the service domain (of course :] ) and then created 2 subdomains ns1 and ns2 respectively.

Then for each of the subdomains i created an A record that is the ip address that was assigned to me by Jodo in my reseller admin.

That's all I need to do right? In my domain registrar, there is no concept of child nameservers.

That's fine..

If you can't see your site up.. its probably due to ISP caching. Give it sometime

Come to live Chat otherwise

We had informed all our resellers via phone and email. So please do not blame us for this...

Yash said:
That's fine..

If you can't see your site up.. its probably due to ISP caching. Give it sometime

Come to live Chat otherwise

We had informed all our resellers via phone and email. So please do not blame us for this...

Hi Yash,

There is absolutely no blame. I just need to get the sites up and running otherwise, i'm moving to delhi to hide in your backyard :p

I know you and your staff have been working deligently in this migration and i know Level3 has been hard on you, so no blame at all. I'm currently on LiveChat and i'll just give it some more time. Its been 5 days since i made those changes, that's whats putting me at unease

Back