Access Database Remote Connection?

MaxPower

Perch
I would like to connect several websites (on other servers) to one Access database. Is this possible with just a connection string?

I found this connection string on another forum and adapted it to my database, but I get the error below.

"PROVIDER=MS Remote;REMOTE SERVER=http://www.scottsdalefineliving.com;REMOTE PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" & Server.MapPath("/data/db1.mdb")

Error: "Internet Server Error: Object/module not found.
/test.asp, line 13"

Line 13: Set Recordset1 = Recordset1_cmd.Execute

Thanks, Gary

Can you use an MS SQL or MySQL instead? Access is about the worst thing to ever come about for DB's, especially in the web hosting world, and trying to use a terrible thing on 4 sites is bad (not to mention the fact that I don't think it's possible to access it remotely).

I know I should switch to MSSQL or MySQL. I have a little experience with MySQL but I've been using Access for years thanks to Dreamweaver UltraDev. Remember that? Probably time to bite the bullet.

I would agree, it's time to make the switch. Otherwise, you will most likely end up with thread lock issues and other performance hits using that DB. It's a pain but once its done, it's great.

Have you considered using Access as a front end tool to an mssql database via linked tables

Back