Access Database via Control Panel connection?

jag5311

Perch
I have a database that I uploaded to the root folder.

I have gone to ODBC DRIVERS MICROSOFT ACCESS DRIVER (*.mdb)

I am confused by a few things in that list. the first section is easy, the name of the database.

The 2nd line, DBQ, i don't understand. What woud a path look like going from the ROOT to the mydomain.com(which is where my files would be)?

Is the username and password just for online purposes, or is that suppose to be in the database as well, because I didn't know a password could be set in the hardcopy of the database.

Actually, I will be straight up, Maybe someone could just explain to me what to put in all the categories for the ODBC Drivers section, because buffer size, maxscanrows??

Read only? Do I leave it to be read only because I don't want changes, but then I have to consider that the owner will be able to go online and make changes to it via FORMS. I just need a boost here.

Thanks
Bryan

1) DBQ = "mydomain.com/mydb.db"
I recommend you database files in the root though

2) I believe the username and password are to be used while connecting to the DSN

All the variables are set just fine. You might want to give it Write permissions as well

Yash said:
1) DBQ = "mydomain.com/mydb.db"
I recommend you database files in the root though

2) I believe the username and password are to be used while connecting to the DSN

All the variables are set just fine. You might want to give it Write permissions as well

that was my question, what would the DBQ be if the database is located in the root??

What error are you exactly getting. Could you submit a ticket with your username and DSN name and we will look into this right away

Yash said:
We found the problem. You are suppose to create the DSN in Cold Fusion as well

Does that mean in my Application.cfm i need to have something like

<CFSET dsn="username-something"> ?? That doesn't look right, please let me know where I need to put it.

Thanks
Bryan

We created the CF DSN for you.
All you have to do now is change the datasource tag to
datasource="username-something"

Yash said:
We created the CF DSN for you.
All you have to do now is change the datasource tag to
datasource="username-something"

Thanks Yash, I am getting ready to test it. Do you use the CF administrator on your side of things? I didn't know if there was that option for me to use.

I think I understand to how the H-sphere works. I think it works more for DNSLESS connections, like

<cfscript>
dbPath = "\\website\resources\cf5\data\";
dbFile = "states.mdb";
driver = "{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}";
conStr = "Driver=#driver#;dbq=#dbFile#;DefaultDir=#dbPath#;UID=Admin;Pwd=;";
</cfscript>

I could be wrong though

We have to create all CFMX DSNs manually till support is available for it in HSphere. Just drop a ticket when you want one created

Back