Access Report - Bolding Field within an Expression

J

jagfan

I have a text box in a report that contains an expression. This expression in part prints two separate addresses, one for home and one for a work address. I want to be able to bold the home address information to distinguish it from the work address. Below is the code for the expression. I want to be able to bold the fields Addr1, Addr2, Addr3, Addr4, City, State and Zip if they exist.

=IIf(IsNull([Title]),"",[Title] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([BName]),"",[BName] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([BAddr1]),"",[BAddr1] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([BAddr2]),"",[BAddr2] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([BAddr3]),"",[BAddr3] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([BCity]),"",[BCity] & ", ") & IIf(IsNull([BState]),"",[BState] & " ") & IIf(IsNull([BZip]),"",[BZip] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([Addr1]),"",[Addr1] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([Addr2]),"",[Addr2] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([Addr3]),"",[Addr3] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([Addr4]),"",[Addr4] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)) & IIf(IsNull([City]),"",[City] & ", ") & IIf(IsNull([State]),"",[State] & " ") & IIf(IsNull([Zip]),"",[Zip])

Thanks for your help in advance.

JF

jagfan said:
Below is the code for the expression. I want to be able to bold the fields Addr1, Addr2, Addr3, Addr4, City, State and Zip if they exist.
Hi,
I don't think you can do that in Access. If you were querying for a web page you could just append <B> </B> tags around your fields; but in an Access report I'm pretty sure the entire text field needs to have the same text properties. Your best bet would probably be separate fields.

Good Luck!

Back